Pear Green Classic Shape Vase
Lana Heckendorn from the class of 1988 creates classic and original functional artwork. She enjoys exploring geometric relationships and searching for proportions that tell something about the function of a piece.
Hand-drawn patterns, which often wrap the forms like fabric, are applied using a printmaking technique that resembles etching, marrying the pattern to the pot. This relationship of form and surface embodies my resolution that functional objects should be enduring, not only in their craft, but in their beauty as well.
- pear green and soft white
- porcelain, fired to cone 7 in oxidation
- 6'' high x 3.5'' diameter
- glazes are lead-free and safe in the dishwasher and microwave
- also available in blue-violet
Photographs by Noelle Small '20
We Also Recommend